Terms & Conditions
Print this page (PDF 292K)
Deposits and Payments
- Tour Deposits: A deposit of $250.00 per person reserves the tour of your choice. Full payment is due in our office at least 60 days prior to departure.
Important Tour Information
- Increasing Fuel Prices: These may make it necessary to institute a fuel surcharge. Any price increase to our participants will be based solely on the additional cost charged to us from our suppliers.
- Seating: Seat rotation on coaches is made daily with rare exceptions. Your Tour Director will explain the policy at the welcome briefing. This allows everyone an equal opportunity for choice seating.
- Cancellation of Event: It is very important to let us know as soon as possible that you want to register for a tour. We often get requests to join a tour after it has been cancelled for lack of participation. Please remember your reservation can be the one that makes a trip a go. If we must cancel due to insufficient participation or other circumstances, our obligation will be to refund all monies paid to us.
- Individual Cancellations for the Tours: Travel arrangements cancelled 90 days or more before departure will incur a $50 per person administrative fee; cancellations received 89–60 days prior are subject to forfeiture of deposit; cancellations 59 or less days prior will be charged 50% of the tour cost, or hotel and supplier expenses that cannot be recovered, whichever is the greater amount.
- HistoryAmerica TOURS, in making arrangements for the transportation, accommodations, and other services referred to herein, acts only as an agent for the owner or operator, and its responsibility is limited to that of an agent. We accept no responsibility for accidents, injuries, property damage or personal loss to you or those traveling with you in connection with any accommodations, transportation or other travel services, or resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences or conditions beyond our control, including, but not limited to negligence, gross negligence, default, acts of terrorism, defects in vehicles, breakdown in equipment, strikes, or theft.
- We reserve the right to make changes in the tours where necessary, due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We reserve the right to withdraw your participation at any time if your actions impose upon or disturb the other members of the program.
- A portion of every tour and cruise taken by a Civil War Preservation Trust member will be donated to the CWPT for battlefield preservation.
- Once HistoryAmerica TOURS has made the commitment to operate a tour and pay suppliers, it is not possible to recover all monies for individuals who must cancel their travel arrangements. If you are interested in purchasing trip cancellation insurance, please notify us at the time of your initial deposit. Insurance purchased within two weeks of registering for a tour covers pre-existing medical conditions. Insurance purchased at a later date excludes this coverage.
Print this page (PDF 292K)